GENERAL OVERVIEW ABOUT PUBLIC DEBATES:
Activity overview: Open public debates and exchange of views and opinion between cultures will be organised in partnership with active local leaders, representatives of targeting groups (migrants/ minorities) researchers, practicipans, policy makers, media, governmental and non-governmental organisations and EU institution representatives. Each topic of debate will differ from others depending on the realities of the region and the challenges faced by EU citizens.
– Participants will gain new skills & knowledge regarding local and EU policies.
– Tolerance, intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding will be increased in the communities through dialogue and education.
– Through debates and opinions polls will be collected data (from West-Europe countries) for report on political discourse on local and EU level, on extremist or populist movements, distinct conceptions and migration/minorities challenges to propose practical solutions on project themes.
6 main themes will be discussed in frame of 6 public debates (Hamburg, Tallinn, Barcelona, Rhodes, Göteborg and Brussels)
- Naturalisation, Adaption and political involvement – BELGIUM
- Strengthening democracy and participation (norms and values, political education, participation etc) – GREECE
- Education (General education, language trainings,vocational education, non-formal learning, educational support services) – SWEDEN
- Professional success (labour market for migrants/refugees etc) – ESTONIA
- Setting into society and strengthening cohesion (Civil society, children and youth, culture, social work) – GERMANY
- Intercultural dialogue & Anti-discrimination strategies (combating the stigmatisation of migrants & minority groups and their protection, fostering European citizenship and improvement of conditions for civic and democratic participation of vulnerable groups (migrants and minorities) – SPAIN
1.07.2021 – 4.07.2021
“Setting into society and strengthening cohesion for more inclusive Europe”
18.08.2021 – 21.08.2021
15.09.2021 – 18.09.2021
”Intercultural dialogue & Anti-discrimination strategies”
21.10.2021 – 24.10.2021
”Strengthening democracy and participation”
18.11.2021 – 21.11.2021
12.03.2022 – 15.03.2022
EU High level debates
”Naturalisation, Adaption and political involvement”